This is a huge shrub rose blooming in my front yard. Wish I knew the name of it, but it was here before I was so it will remain a mystery.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring....finally!

I know Spring is here when I make my yearly venture to our local nursery for bedding plants and other blooming treasures!  More restraint was used this year as I didn't add everything to my cart that caught my eye....well, on this trip at least.  There is just something so refreshing and fulfilling about putting my hands in the dirt, cleaning up potted plants that wintered it out in the greenhouse and bringing color back to the blooming bungalow. 

Another pleasurable Spring past-time has been watching baby black-capped chickadees hatch and grow. Their mother decided that my bluebird house would make a nice nesting place and set up house there with four babies!  They are now almost ready to spread their wings and venture out into the big world.  It has been such a blessing watching this miracle and I pray for their safety.  They were an enjoyable treat after the goldfinches left to go up north.  They are all so fascinating and I could watch them for hours.

Since my last post I've been busy with our new family member, Wilson.  Yet another stray cat I have adopted, or should I say, "adopted me."  I do believe there is some sort of radar for strays atop the blooming bungalow because their path always ends up here.  Actually, no matter where I have lived, strays have found me.  Wilson joined Buddy as supervisor of the gardens and they seem to be co-existing together fairly well.  Buddy doesn't usually play nice with others, but for some unknown reason, he just "knew" that Wilson would fit right in. Wilson is now vaccinated, neutered and enjoying life at the blooming bungalow!  We just love him!

I so love this time of year and long to spend the days in my garden, but the real world dictates that I pay bills and earn a living, so a "job" takes up the majority of my time, imagine that!  If only a way could be found to earn a living in my garden, how novel!

Hope all is well in your corner of the world and that you have blooms to enjoy and sunshine to warm your face.

Blessings,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. I love your bungalow! It's truly a place I could sit on the back porch all day and just get lost in my thoughts...I can't wait to see what pops up next!

    ReplyDelete